AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Optimize Call Only Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I wanted advice on Optimizing Call Only Campaigns.

I am currently running a Call Only Campaign with these Stats:

Clicks: 105

CTR: 0.93%

Avg CPC: $8.66

Avg Pos: 1.6

Phone Impressions: 11154

Phone Calls: 49

PTR: 0.44%

Conversions: 21

My questions:

1. Ad Click to Phone Call rate is 47% Only - can something be done to improve this - what is the industry standard average for this metric?

2. Of the 49 Phone calls received, only 21 were conversions (ie, call lasting longer than a minute) - Phone calls to conversions rate is 43% - what is the industry average and how do I improve this??

3. My Net cost per acquisition is $43 - what is industry standard for CPA in Call Only Campaigns & How do I drive this cost down?? 

Thank you all in advance for throwing some light on this & helping me out. 

Regards,

Subash

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Optimize Call Only Campaigns

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Subhash,

You should work with your keywords and ad copies. Ad copies play a vital role in call-only ads. You can also do A/B testing with two ad copies to find what works the best. 

One mistake that I see many of the advertisers make with call-only campaigns is that they try making use of all the available characters allowed in the ad copy. It makes the ad cut off extra texts on small screen devices. It obviously affects ads' performance. 

My advice, use texts in a way that they fit in properly when shown on mobile devices. Your texts and your message should be complete to get you the real impact.

Now, to your questions,  a phone call rate of 47% is not that bad. Though, it can be improved further by working with ad copies and keywords. Work on bringing more relevancy to user's query. 

Out of 49 calls, 21 were the calls that lasted for more than a minute. Now, there can't be a precise benchmark for this, because it depends on several factors. For instance, if it's about a restaurant or any business that has even local stores. Somebody might call up to ask for the store address or opening time or something else similar. Such calls will not last for a minute but it does serve the purpose of advertising. In short, it depends a lot on the advertising goal. 

One more key aspect to call duration can be the person who answers the calls. The average duration will also depend on his/her customer care skills and product/service knowledge. 

To your final question, again, it's hard to get an industry average for this. You should better analyse your ROAS or ROI to find if your current CPA puts you in the profitable situation or not. It will give you an idea about the optimum CPA you should be aiming. 

My two cents. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.