2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Manage Campaing for US And Canada

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am handling an Campaign with Targeting US and Canada for unlock phone services. Problem is this my campaign is running last 3 days and I got only 11 Clicks and 0 Conversion. So I am worried about it and what I suppose to do and which metrics should I check.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Manage Campaing for US And Canada

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Parvez,

Can you clarify whether you started your campaign 3 days back only or are you saying that you didn't get anything for the past 3 days, but otherwise your campaign was working fine?

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
if you able to post your landing page we might be able to help more, but for 11 clicks its just tough to get conversions based on ideal 1% conversion rate you should get atleast 100 clicks

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Parvez,
11 clicks in the last 3 days seems low to me. Here is what I would check for:
1. Are your ads active and approved? If not, I suggest re-writing.
2. Are your Keyword Max CPCs greater than, or equal to, your Estimated First Page Bids? If not, you may consider improving your Quality Score (by improving CTRs and/or landing page experience) and/or increasing your Maximum CPCs.

You may also consider using the Ad Preview Tool and searching for your keywords. It will tell you why your Ads are possibly not displaying - https://adwords.google.com/d/AdPreview

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi vkore91,

Yes Ads is active & approved and keyword cpc is equal to first page bid estimate. Quality score is also good most of keywords got 7 to 8 out of 10 And Campaign Avg Pos - 3.7 . I started my campaing on 24 Jan and till now I got only 24 clicks and Impression is - 2,442 . Now what should I do and what I need to improve.?

This Campaing has 4 adgroups. It is necessary in first adgroup I need to add other adgroups name as a negative in ad group level ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Parvez,

First thing I would like to recommend you to check you landing page is it working properly or it is right place where you want to send your user and then check your ads and compair it with your comptitor and analyis it might be they offering better than you.

and if you able to post your landing page so it will be easier for me tell what is the problem going on.

I hope this will help you.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Parvez,
Thanks for the additional info - Although it varies by vertical and keywords, your CTR seems low to me. I would consider re-writing your Ads. Tips for Ads that lead to increased CTRs - use your keywords in your Ad Copy, use a Call-to-Action, include a benefit of your company/website/service, include a promotional offer, etc. I would also add Negative Keywords - make sure your Ads aren't serving for any irrelevant Impressions. Another thing I would suggest is looking at your Keywords that your bidding on - a way to increase clicks is to increase your Impressions. Use Google's Keyword Tool to look for additional and new Keywords to bid on and add to your Account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am sharing my landing page bit.ly/1d5M5vl and this is only one landing page we have more landing page based on model number and brand as well. And I also want to know which keyword match type is more effective for this campaign. And How much numbers of keyword we need to target. Means keyword list should be huge Or It should be short but accurate. ? Can we use all kinds of keyword match types (broad , phrase, Exact, +broad modifier) in one keyword list ?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 9
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Parvez,
Thanks for sharing your Landing Page. To answer your questions -
1. "And I also want to know which keyword match type is more effective for this campaign" - This is going to depend on a lot of variables such as what keyword it is, what the Ad Copy is, etc. A good practice is to use all three Match Types and see what one performs best for you. Advertisers often see efficient CPCs on Exact Match, but Exact Match will limit your reach/Impressions.
2. "How much numbers of keyword we need to target." -- Not a real easy answer to this one. I suggest adding all keywords that are relevant to your service. Use Google Keyword Tool to find the different keywords, and different variations searchers are using to search for your service. Add as many relevant keywords as possible and then monitor performance. Some are going to perform better than others. When grouping keywords (Ad Groups) I suggest you set up tightly themed, granular Ad Groups so that your Keywords closely relate to the Ads you're serving. As a rule of thumb, I typically segment Keywords by Match Type in my Ad Groups (an Ad Group for Broad Keywords, different one for Exact Match Keywords, etc.). It is typically a much better practice to have more Ad Groups, with Keywords that all relate to each other.
3. "Can we use all kinds of keyword match types (broad , phrase, Exact, +broad modifier) in one keyword list ?"--Yes, absolutely use all three Match Types, and for increased control and monitoring, segment them in different Ad Groups.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You need to select Canada, USA in campaign setting Targeted locations section and

Location options (advanced) setting you will get two 
Target - enable People in my targeted location 
Exclude - People in my excluded location
Do changes in the campaign level setting  and choose major cities that you want to target in USA and canada instead of using whole county.

Parvez C wrote:

I am handling an Campaign with Targeting US and Canada for unlock phone services. Problem is this my campaign is running last 3 days and I got only 11 Clicks and 0 Conversion. So I am worried about it and what I suppose to do and which metrics should I check.