AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Leverage the actual Sales by Keywords information?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there actually a way to leverage the actual Sales by keywords information from Adwords? Background: I've been able to track this info for a large client and I've been trying different ways first myself and then using different digital mkting agencies but no significant conversion rate increase.

Re: How to Leverage the actual Sales by Keywords information?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
The answer, yes definitely there is. You just need to know which data to analyse, and where to find said data.

Sounds to me like you need to be using Goals and Conversion tracking, then analyse this data over time on a keyword basis.

In Adwords you can view conversions broken down by keyword by looking the keyword tab. Then you can see which keywords convert best and (based on your conversion set up) work out how many sales are made via clicks on that keyword.

Keep in mind though, many factors affect conversion rate, not just the performance of your keywords. Landing page experience, purchase experience, your competitiveness in your desired market.. etc.

Re: How to Leverage the actual Sales by Keywords information?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Abbie,

many thanks about your reply.

I just want to make sure that I am talking about Sales here not conversions (or converted clicks). I can track the actual Sales back from the keywords that have generated them. We can do that through the user ID. I know that the challenge - according to what I saw and heard - is that behind each keyword you need to analyse the search queries. That complicates the equation as you can have multiple search queries behind a keyword so even knowing which keyword has generated the highest number of actual sales then you need to work around the queries too.
Going more in the details my Question is if there's actually a better way to leverage that info. It seems that not many companies out there track or are able to track the actual sales from keywords. How do the best-in-class Adwords professionals leverage that asset? The first thought was to increase the manual bidding on the best performing keywords and to decrease the bidding on the worst but we haven't assisted to a significant improvement. It'd be great to hear from someone who "take advantage" of that data for clients on a regular basis to know what is the best way to use that info. Many thanks for any help.