AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Layer Targeting in GDN?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

in GDN, how would i target who has two "attributes"?

For example.. i want to look for homeowners who happen to be veterans.. how would I go about doing this?

So far I've tried (in targeting):

1) keyword targeting (ex. home refinancing)

2) "refining" by placement (ex. they're on military.com or something)

So far, the performance has been not so great and my LPs were super targeted and worked effectively with Facebook ads, but not so on GDN.

Any tips?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Layer Targeting in GDN?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Taewoo,

First of all, if you are targeting veteran, have you tried demographics targeting? You can negate all age groups that you think are not part of your TG. You should ideally see some changes in performance post this.

Other than this, I suggest you try your hand at Affinity Audiences & In Market audiences. These targeting options give you a better bifurcation of your audiences and with a layer of Keyword Contextual targeting, you should be able to get a better quality of leads.

Do let me know if this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Re: How to Layer Targeting in GDN?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@taewoo;

It is important to remember that the AND condition applies. Unlike in a funnel, in which you refine / filter while moving "along"  the funnel, when you apply "target and bid"  - the AND condition is applied on both targeting methods (e.g. Keywords and placements). The resulting targeting audience is the overlapping group.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’