Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Increase Impression Share

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I want to understand one basic concept. If my Ad Avg Position is 1.9 and Search Lost(Rank) is 83%. Does it means that 83% times my Competitor beat me in auction and i could not appear in search? Apart from raising bid, Do I need to add more Keywords for getting impression?or these keywords are sufficient?Please any one guide me the step by step procedure to increase my impression share, because after reading alot of tutorials, could not get any thing other than raise the bid

Many thanks in advance

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Increase Impression Share

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Hafeez Ul H,

1) yes

2) I would recommend to further segregate the Ad groups, work on ads & keywords relevancy. As adding more keywords may also face the same issue.

3) Other than the bids, there are 2 more factors where you can work to improve the ad rank and hence, reduce the search impression lost % due to ad rank.

These are QS and the Ad extensions.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Impression share is a metric represent only your estimate   impressions, regardless of the competitor's. (It could be that both of you did not compete in an auction). To check  what is the share in which your ad was shown while your competitor did not, or  vice versa, check "overlap rate" and "outranking share" in auction insight.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear @Archit, Million of Thanks for your kind guidance.

At the moment, I am sending Visitors to Category Page, So You are suggesting me to Theme Ad Groups Product wise?But the same keywords can repeat in product ad group. For Instance, we sell Laptop tables, One laptop table can be Aluminum Made, while the other could be Wooden Made. So if i Segregate both Tables ad groups, the keywords like Laptop table,Laptop stand would be same and may compete with Each other. How to Tackle It?

One More Question. I Segmented my Campaign into Two Campaigns... Device wise with same keywords.But the campaign run on Mobile getting 23% more impression share than Desktop. Why is it so?

Waiting for your kind reply

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi @Hafeez Ul H,

is it regarding the shopping ads or the text ads on the search network?

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Its Search Text Ads

Re: How to Increase Impression Share

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

For Instance, we sell Laptop tables, One laptop table can be Aluminum Made, while the other could be Wooden Made.

I would like to suggest to create a campaign laptop tables with adgroups Aluminium made and wooden made.

So if i Segregate both Tables ad groups, the keywords like Laptop table,Laptop stand would be same and may compete with Each other.

These both keywords may target the same product but are different and hence, will not compete.

But the campaign run on Mobile getting 23% more impression share than Desktop. Why is it so?

Bids on the mobile device is generally lesser for top positions as compared to the computers. So, your ads on mobile devices are able to win the ad auction by 23% more than the computers while on the other hand the same bids on the computer are not enough to win the ad auction every time.

Read more about Impression Share

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Archit Many thanks for your guidance. But I am extremely sorry, i still could not get your point. Admitting, I am not that intelligent, My Confusion is same. According to your advise, If i made Two Laptop table Groups:Aluminum made and Wooden Made. And a Searcher search term "Laptop Table Price", will both Groups compete with each other, since both groups should have keyword "LAPTOP TABLE PRICE"

Please clear this issue.please

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Archit and @MosheTLV

One more Question Please, If i have TWO Broad Keywords, LAPTOP TABLE, LAPTOP TABLE IN PAKISTAN, will they Compete each other? and if i only use LAPTOP TABLE IN PAKISTAN, will it be enough for search term LAPTOP TABLE too?

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

If you will create separate ad groups for aluminium and wooden then I hope you will use such keywords which would be according the ad group theme.

For example:

For wooden, the keywords will be: wooden laptop tables online, wooden laptop tables price and so on.

And of course you will use at least Modified broad match type(all terms in keyword must include in the user query in any order) keywords to avoid irrelevant traffic.

The same practice you will follow for aluminium made.

So in both the cases the ads will not trigger if user query is LAPTOP TABLE PRICE as neither the aluminium nor the wooden is present in the user query.

So the solution is create another ad group with generic keywords like laptop table price, buy laptop tables and put aluminium and wooden as negative in this generic ad group.

Also, there is no such competition between the keywords of a campaign, only the best match with user search query get participated into the ad auction with other competitors. So, you should not worry about which keyword is triggering your ads.

Regards