Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Improve Quality Score for Branded Search Term

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting our site ranked with a good QS for our brand name search.  It is a 4/10 now, which I think is crap for our site is completely about the term.  The brand name or search term is one word, two words combined into one.

Does it matter that I have exact match & broad match of that term under the same ad group?  Could the broad match of that term be hurting the exact match under the same ad group?

Thanks

Curtis

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Improve Quality Score for Branded Search Term

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

How long since you set up this campaign?. If it is a new one, you are  initially given a quality score based on other advertisers' QS, until your keyword starts to gain enough impressions. (1000)

>>>Does it matter that I have exact match & broad match of that term under the same ad group?  Could the broad match of that term be hurting the exact match under the same ad group?

-No. most advertiser would include 3 match types in the same ad-group, and bid the highest on exact match and the lowest on broad match;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply! It's been up since 9/2012. Is there any way to find out the QS of other advertiser's ads? I'm competing against other sellers for the same brand name, we are all agents selling the same product for the same company. We all have our own websites with the same brand name. The corporate office has a listing as well as other agents including myself. Other agents and the corporate office is partially always above me. The other agent started showing up a few months ago and was almost instantly above me. I'm thinking either they some how have a better QS than I or are just bidding so much more than I. Dollars more I'm guessing. How do I find out which?

Is there anyway to find out if 4/10 is pretty much what everyone else has and don't stress out on trying to get it much higher? I want to be able to be on top of those other agents without having to pay hundreds or thousands more.

Curtis

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello again;
To find other advertisers' QS - NO;
BUT; The Auction insight report lets you compare your performance with other advertisers who are participating in the same auctions that you are.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’