Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Improve Performance at Low population Area

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good Morning,

I have a Campaign Whose Performance is very low. its target area has very low population. I am Getting 2 Clicks Max Daily and some days it may be zero. it has ad rank 1 for long time. i have added max number of keywords. Could any one suggest best opinion on this.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Improve Performance at Low population Area

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Drew G,

Welcome !

You can start Display advertising. It will give you more opportunity to reach more to your target audiences.
When the market is niche i would also like run Remarketing ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I Am Using only Google Search I.e No Display Marketing.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot that can be done about an area with low population. The AdWords program is designed to serve ads to internet users--if there are few or no people in an area, there's very little that can be done.

If it is an area where you live locally, you may need to add some other type of advertising to your online efforts. If it is some other area, then shuva had a good idea since Display advertising might help you reach some of your limited audience on other websites.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Drew
In your geo-targeting options are you choosing are very narrow area like a zip code. or small city?

Is the targeting set for the recommended setting of Target people Living in and search for my target area?

For some of my client campaigns, I extend the area to incorporate not just the town but a nelson region, because there may be people that LIVE where I target, but WORK in another close city, and since everything is IP based, I want to get those people that WORK nearby but have a different area IP address,

Also I use Geo targeting in my Keyword terms along with just the keyword phrase.
IE. City Name Blue Widgets

Hope this helps
Eric G

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Eric,

I have already increased my target twice to improve performance. Nothing happen. my keywords are with and with out geo-modes in broad match.

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner
Drew,

You mentioned you are getting 2 clicks max. How many impression are you getting? and what is your CTR? is the impression share low? Or low CTR? i would argue if you CTR is below 8 % and you have ad rank 1, then your Ad's could use some improvement. Do you have a Unique Selling Proposition that differentiates you from your competition?

is there a lot of competition for the keywords, or are the Organic Result major brand name companies and the area you are targeting may have Ad Blindness or your Ad / brand doesn't have enough "authority" as compared to other ads and Organic results

What is your:
Search impression share: The impressions you’ve received on the Search Network divided by the estimated number of impressions you were eligible to receive.
and
Search Lost IS (rank): The percentage of time that your ads weren't shown on the Search Network due to poor Ad Rank. Note: Lost IS (rank) won't be shown on your Ad groups tab if you ran out of budget at any point during the date range being examined.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en

Want to see if are capturing all available impressions, If you are getting a lot of impressions