6.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Improve Ad Position?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have paused my Campaign last month for 15 to 20 days. After that my ads performance goes down, The Q/S is 6 to 7, & the bidding is More than Top page bidding, But there is no improvement in Ad Position. its in 5.5 to 6.5. I am using bid stimulator for some keywords, still no improvement. 

I talked to Google support team & they are suggesting to leave it for 15days. its already been 7 to 8 days after  running ads.

What should i Do now? should i delete the campaign & start a fresh or will wait for its better performane?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Improve Ad Position?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jaya,

Is there any significant change in quality score or ad position after you restarted the campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Deepak,

Yes My ads position used to be on 1.5 to 3. Now its an average of 5.5 to 6.5.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, This is not a new campaign, it is the same campaign in fact campaigns. Today its worst since morning i have not received even 1 click. From Ad preview i could see my ad on top position( 1st page 1st) but when i am searching there is no where my ad. I searched up to 5th page.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Using the Ad preview tool is the best practice when you are looking for your ads.

But just to make sure you ads are appearing, can you please delete the cookies and cache in your browser and check again?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes Checked.. show ads for few keywords. Thanks. But should i delete the campaign or start a fresh one or should i wait for its better performance?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jaya P
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi,

I don't think deleting the campaign will solve the problem.

Ad position is determined by a formula called Ad Rank that gives your ad a score based on your bid, the quality of your ads and landing page, and the expected impact of extensions and other ad formats.

Just pausing your ad will not change any of these stats, so that can not be the reason for the ad position change and low performance.

May be your quality score was reset (lowered) based on the campaign's recent performance.

To improve your ad position, you can increase your bid, or you can focus on improving the quality of your ads.

You can find more about improving your ad quality here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404196

And please include proper ad extensions (if you are not using them) which is also a factor in ad rank calculation.

Find more about ad extensions here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375499?hl=en

Hope this helps,

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
Thanks for the solution Mail.
I talked to google regarding it, As the Quality score of Keywords are average 6- 7. & bidding is for top page bid. But the ad position is 5.5. Google is asking to wait for 15- 20 days & not to make any changes in campaign. Will it help in ad position?

Thanks,
Jaya

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Frequently making a lot of changes is not good, as it will be difficult to make accurate decisions based on statistically significant data.

If you have made a lot of changes recently, it is better to analyse the results after a couple of days and then make necessary changes.

Analyse your past performance, and try to improve your CTR (check your keyword selection/match types, improve your ads and add proper negative keywords). Improving your CTR will be the first step in improving your quality score, ad rank and ad position.