Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Get position in First 3 ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Experts

I am promoting a computer & printer support website of a local vendor . First page bid is below $1.30 for all keywords and my Max CPC is $3 but i am getting only 4-6 ads position not in top 3 . And another problem is that i can not use the exact keywords like HP Printer Support in direct ads and landing page as my client is not authorized.

How can i achieve Top 3 positions for ads 

Thanks 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Get position in First 3 ads

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Amit,

Ad position is not only depend on your bid. overall quality score decide your ad position and bid amount is only one factor in QS.

What you can do it you can tweak your destination URL and changing your ad copies more relevant to keyword can increase your QS which will help you to reach top positions.

Also what is the bidding method you are using? Manual or automatically? Usually automatic bidding set to maximize clicks get you top positions ( Usually not always)

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Amit,

In addition to what has been said above, I would like to add here that your Ad Rank takes into consideration the Quality Score, Bid and the impact from your ad extensions and formats, which you are using (http://adwords.blogspot.in/2013/10/improving-ad-rank.html). So make sure that you are focusing on each of these elements carefully.

Now another concern here is the Trademark issue as you are saying that your client is not authorized to use the Trademark terms in text ads, so this is another limitation which might be coming in front when you are trying to showcase ads on top in front of other advertisers.

Keep focusing on other elements of your account which you can control directly in terms CTR, keyword matching options, negative queries, ad extensions and try to improve on them to be in the competition.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Amit,

Everything that has been said before me is correct. Here is a great image that shows how ad position is calculated. (http://searchengineland.com/figz/wp-content/seloads/2013/10/how-adrank-impacts-cpc1-600x300.png)

Focus on improving your quality scores and you should see your ad positions moving up the charts.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Amit,
You can use 'Target search page location' flexible bid strategy which helps you gain more visibility and gain top positions. But, ultimately as said by Nisal and Pankaj Quality score plays an important role to gain those top positions.

Thanks and Regards
John Paul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have tried the options suggested by Nisal and they have worked for the campaigns I was running for a website. The advertisements rank for number two these days and we aren't paying the highest bid amount. The click through rate is good as well.