AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Get more traffic with Grant Campaign CPC Limit....

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi our clinic has been given a grant from Google to do some adwords advertising. I have set up campaigns before but we are struggling to spend the budget we have been given, even a tenth of it...I suspect it is because the CPC limit which is $2.

I have set up the campaign with seperate ad groups, 3 ads, added in call-outs and snippets...

What are our options to try to increase clicks? I am currently adding in more kw and making sure not to duplicate...mostly BMM and phrase match kw...

Thanks for any thoughts...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Alex H

Make sure that you have added enough keywords in the campaign and bids are high enough. CPC limit can be the one of the factor which can affect the traffi and also make sure that none of keyword is 'Below first page bid'.

You can refer to Avg position or Impression share, Impressions share lsot due to budget & rank column to know why your keyword is not able to trigger the ad

You can also search for the average search volume of your keywords by going to Keyword tool to see if the keywords which you have added in your campaign have enough search volume. Try adding more relevant keywords if search volume is not much

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi....Im concerned that bid of $2 is not really high enough...I dont understand because the majority of my kw have little or no impressions over the last 14 days and we are advertising across the entire US market...

There are some 'below first page bid' notifications which I cant do anything about due to our max CPC of $2...however some of my kw that get clicks are roughly position 2-3 apparently...

Is there an easy way to take your full campaign into the keyword tool?

I had a look at my impression share - what is a decent % on this?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You are likely simply bidding below the market.  By limiting your bids to $2, you are only participating in auctions when demand for displaying the ad is at the weakest... probably at 2am etc. 

What led to the decision to limit bids to $2?  That probably isn't enough to put you on page 1 of the SERP most of the time. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Steve - it is because when you get a grant account (as a charity) from google - they give you some free spend but with a CPC limit of $2...so Im trying to find ways to get more impressions and traffic...