Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Get High Rank on Search Network?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Everyone,

I have an Adwords account targeted to USA in which quality score of all keywords is 7-9 and avg position is 5-7. Bid i set for all keywords is $25, i have limited budget so please tell me how i can show my ads on top. At present i am only getting impression, no click so far. I know if i will increase bid ad position will increase but is there any other setting we can to achieve high rank?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pankaj S
September 2015

Re: How to Get High Rank on Search Network?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Pankay, to keep needed keyword in top search results ( for example 3 position) you can create 2 auto rules:
1) Increase bids by 10% ( inputs - average position less than 2).
2) Decrease bids by 5% (inputs average position is better than 2).

You can apply these rule on specific keywords, also you can set max CPC so the system will not raise bids beyond specific level.

Cheers,
Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pankaj,

This will be my approach if I were you Smiley Happy

• View the ads in ad preview & try to add more value to the adcopy
  • Try multiple adcopy variation
  • Basically write down all the benefits that your target customer will get & test those with each adcopy
  • Test a adcopy with DKI if you haven't done it yet

But if you are not receiving clicks why worry about budget?

• Limit your keywords, pause the keywords QS<=7
  • Increase bids for other keywords & try to get clicks initially
  • See which Ads are receiving clicks maybe later retain these ads & reduce the keyword bids.

--

Raj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Pankaj,

All you have to do is to improve your ad relevant. Make it attractive to customers. Make it appeal to their taste and suit their needs.

Having high ad relevance can aid in increasing Quality Score, while simultaneously helping to give your Ad Rank a definite boost. Ultimately, having a higher Quality Score can help you drive in more clicks with the same budget.

Remember, ad relevance is one of the main factors Google takes into consideration when calculating the Quality Score of your campaign’s keywords. Consequently, resolving this issue is of great importance since a lower Quality Score will result in lower Ad Rank and ultimately, more expensive clicks.

Here are six simple tips to improvingyour ads’ relevance:

1) Create Tightly-Themed Ad Groups with Only Related Keywords

It’s a good practice to create an individual ad group for each product or service you want to advertise. A good guideline is to have between 5-20 keywords, per ad group.

2) Make Sure your Ads are Closely Related to your Keywords

If your ad group’s name is “Fishing Gear”, make sure that only fishing gear-related keywords and close variants are included in it.

3) Write Text Ads that Include the Actual Keywords

One of the best practices is to include the main keyword in the ad title and in at least one of the description lines.

4) Don’t Get Too Creative

When writing compelling ads, we all want to be creative, but sometimes using fancy catch phrases in the ads’ titles and description lines can backfire on you. This happens when the words used in the ads are not the same as the keywords in the ad group.

5) Include a Main Keyword in the Display URL

If you have sufficient space, you could place a forward slash (/) at the end of the Website domain and then include a keyword in the display URL(i.e.: www.demo-page/Keyword-Here).

6) Choose the Right Landing Page and Exclude Missing Keywords

Always keep in mind that Google’s main concern is relevancy. Therefore, in order to have good ad relevance, the ad’s content must match the landing page’s content.

You can do this through creating specific landing pages for each of your ad groups. This is usually the recommended approach, as it allows you to be very specific in terms of ad relevancy.

Note:

Higher Ad Relevance = Higher Quality Score = Lower Cost-Per-Click

For more information, you can visit https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1659752?hl=en

< Important note to Seyi O from Community Manager: In future posts, when quoting content written by others it is very important that you both credit the original source and link to the original content. >

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pankaj S
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Pankay, to keep needed keyword in top search results ( for example 3 position) you can create 2 auto rules:
1) Increase bids by 10% ( inputs - average position less than 2).
2) Decrease bids by 5% (inputs average position is better than 2).

You can apply these rule on specific keywords, also you can set max CPC so the system will not raise bids beyond specific level.

Cheers,
Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Pankay, also make sure that you are taking advantage both from sitelinks, callouts and other extensions when you will be on top search results.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Alex,

I think the problem is making the ads appeal to user(s) not the other way.

What happen is that the ads are showing but no click. So the best way to solve it, it's to make the ads appeal to user so that they can click.

What do you think?

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Seyi, you have already covered some good points on ad.copie optimization before so I didn't add anything from my side on this point. I think Pankaj should both add more ad.copies in rotation + add more extensions and get his keywords on higher position using auto rules. He didn't specify how many impressions did he get so far and his search impression share but being on 5-7 position even with good ad.copie won't gurantee high CTR.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

HI @Pankaj S,

advertising in USA can be a suprise for new advertisers. From my experience check also this:

1. Search partners results. Sometimes the CTR is 0,02% for search ads on partner search sites (Segment / Network - with search partners)

2. Different areas use different languages. People from California, Texas or New York speak different English language. Use Ad Preview to learn the difference and split USA at least in to three areas - East, middle and West. Even better if you split USA into six parts (Nord and South * East, Middle and West).

3. CPC is very expensive in UK ans US. Therefore use very Tightly-Themed adgroups and I would sugget to create a Silo campaign structure for the most expensive / high volume KW's (https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Adwords-help-Silo-Technique/m-p/4...

4. If you can, use DSA campaigns to get a 'feeling' of the market.