AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Exclude All anonymous.google Placements?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Experts,

Can someone tell me how can I exclude all automatic anonymous.google placement to show my ads.

In reports, I saw there are multiple weird websites like:

9bd4144e04b7d1e4.anonymous.google
23df8d091e6f670d.anonymous.google
ed57393248a82a6f.anonymous.google
3869.anonymous.google
34481cfa5bd98a61.anonymous.google

I have excluded anonymous.google as negative placement in Campaign level. But still receiving traffic from above mentioned placements which make no sense for me.

Regards,

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mansoor,

There is some controversy about it and I am not sure your assumed solution is a workable one, even though some forum members say it is. What I actually think is that anonymous.google looks like a sub-domain however in fact it is not. It is just a tricky collective name for the actual code-numbered placements; that's why you will see nothing when you try to open pages like e.g. 1234567.anonymous.google. 

Therefore I am afraid you should exclude them one by one.

To be honest, in contrast to what I think there is one vague Google document that claims that your solution should be working. Here is the link:

***   Exclude anonymous sites   ***

https://support.google.com/adxbuyer/answer/159152?hl=en

For various reasons I am not sure about the validity of the above doc.

Bottom line is I should probably perform an experiment to see it on my own.

Best,

Lakatos

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Lakatos,

Thanks for reply. I also did research for same and found many people having hard time blocking these placements. It's really difficult to exclude each anonymous placement since I have too many campaigns and this will be time consuming task for me.

I hope Google come up with proper solution for this issue.