AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Edit bids in a campaign experiment/draft

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello all,

I have set up a campaign experiment using the new tool of Adwords. The campaigns, both the original and the draft, have recently started and after getting the first data I want to adjust bids. But I dont know whether adjustments on the original campaign would be applied also to the experiment (draft). If not, how can I do it?

Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

>>"If you make changes to your original campaign, those changes won’t be reflected on your experiment. Making changes to either your original campaign or experiment while your experiment is running may make it harder to interpret your results.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6261395

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thank you Moshe. I understand that its not good to make changes to one of either campaigns. Thats why I want to do the same 1 exact change to both. I know how to make this change to the original campaign, but not to the experiment. Hence my question: how do I make the change to the experiment, I found the guide on everything about experiments, but I didnt see that part on how to change bids to my experiment campaign.

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

Did you check this documentation on setting up, editing the campaign draft: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6250195

Let us know if this helps in anyway.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your reply. Yes i did, but it does not say how to edit bids to the experiment campaign or how to add a mobile bid modifier.