AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Detect Click Fraud with Google Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please help me to find fraud clicks in Google Adwords, and click from same ip. and how can i stop these type of clicks.

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ashwani K
September 2015

Re: How to Detect Click Fraud with Google Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ashwani, and welcome to the Community.

The first thing to do is make sure you're actually talking about invalid clicks.  Simply seeing more than one click from the same IP address does not necessarily indicate click fraud.  How many clicks have come from the same IP?  Over how much time?  How many clicks have you had overall in that time?

If you're certain you have a pattern of clicks, the easiest thing to do is to block that IP address using the IP Exclusion setting within your AdWords Campaign Settings.

IP Address Exclusion

Make sure this is a static address though, if it's dynamically allocated you may be excluding perfectly valid customers.

It's also worth pointing out that it's quite likely Google are already crediting you (or will) for any invalid clicks detected.  Google does not block invalid clicks, but refunds the cost of any detected.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Ashwini,

Note that due to user privacy concerns, Google Analytics/adwords doesn't report on personally identifiable information, including a visitor's IP address.

you can get the  info in your server's log. or in market you will get some clickfraud software which provides the IP address

Thnaks,

Satya

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ashwani, and welcome to the Community.

The first thing to do is make sure you're actually talking about invalid clicks.  Simply seeing more than one click from the same IP address does not necessarily indicate click fraud.  How many clicks have come from the same IP?  Over how much time?  How many clicks have you had overall in that time?

If you're certain you have a pattern of clicks, the easiest thing to do is to block that IP address using the IP Exclusion setting within your AdWords Campaign Settings.

IP Address Exclusion

Make sure this is a static address though, if it's dynamically allocated you may be excluding perfectly valid customers.

It's also worth pointing out that it's quite likely Google are already crediting you (or will) for any invalid clicks detected.  Google does not block invalid clicks, but refunds the cost of any detected.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jon,

Thanks for reply,  i want to know how can i see IP adrees of visitor so i can i block if this is a click fraud.?

Waiting for reply

Ashwani

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Ashwini,

Note that due to user privacy concerns, Google Analytics/adwords doesn't report on personally identifiable information, including a visitor's IP address.

you can get the  info in your server's log. or in market you will get some clickfraud software which provides the IP address

Thnaks,

Satya

Hi Satya..thanks!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Satya..thanks!!!

Re: How to Stop Click Fraud with Google Adwords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The way to stop bulk click fraud in Google is for Google themselves to permit one chargeable click on an advert in 24 hours from an IP address, it would cost them $ millions but just think how many satisfied advertisers would have?

I could then concentrate on running my business properly rather than employing software and scripts and time and effort to do a job that is essentially in the hands on Google, I will post the same thread on Bings forum, lets see who is first to actually own up that this the the right and most honest solution. Google continuously go on about quality scores and the searchers experience being relevant but no mention of the advertiser getting a relevant experience.... any thoughts anyone.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am being driven batty by illegal clicks. I have contacted google--I don't have software, but I have a brain. when my first page rankings go down and down and my cost for clicks goes up and up--statistically it cannot be because more people are finding me on the 2nd and 3rd page of a a search. 

It can be proven statistically that there are bots that target businesses--and i can't understand why Google can't (change that --won't) stop them. 

I also don't understand why someone doesns't start a class action. You can not have less and less exposure with a 10X higher cost. That is the easiest  was to show abuse of the system. 

Google--why do you not help us--the little guy?????

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shelly - When you say illegal clicks. Are you referring to click fraud on your adwords ads? If so, Google referred me to ClickReport.com last September. Great service....

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting on our forum. However you are not allowed to promote any products or services here as it is against the Community guidelines. In order to protect your personal privacy, we advise you to remove any contact info (Ex: websites, emails or phone numbers) from the post. You can remove it by using the Edit Message button in the upper right corner of the text box. If your contact info has not been removed by you, a Community Manager may remove it within a day of the posted date.

*Avoid self-promotion
This user-to-user community is not intended as a place for members to solicit business by promoting their products or services, even if they are AdWords-related. (Your profile is your dedicated space to include any information you wish to share with others, so feel free to use it.) Please don’t create posts that solicit business or use a signature as a means of promoting your business.

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

Clive,

Thank you for posting on our forum. In order to protect your personal privacy, we advise you to remove any contact info (Ex: websites, emails or phone numbers) from the post. You can remove it by using the Edit Message button in the upper right corner of the text box. If your contact info has not been removed by you, a Community Manager may remove it within a day of the posted date.