AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Create Single Keyword Adgroups (SKAG) in Existing Account?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How to create Single Keyword Adgroups (SKAG) in an existing account?

I would like to create Single Keyword Adgroups (SKAG) for my low CTR & low Quality Score - high cost keywords. These keywords are in different campaigns and adgroups across my account.

Filtering out those keywords and create new adgroups for them is not a problem, but what makes it difficult...:

I also want to copy the existing Ads & Sitelinks that are in the adgroups (where these keywords are in now) and re-use them in the new single keyword adgroups (and optimize them after that ofcourse...).

Is there a smart way to create new SKAGs for them + copy the related ads & sitelinks in new single keyword adgroups (eg. via Excel or Editor)?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Re: How to Create Single Keyword Adgroups (SKAG) in Existing Account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
To share some thoughts:
I found a solution for restructuring low QS-CTR and keep ads & sitelinks (it's a little timeconsuming, but it could help...) NOTE: It's not a solution for creating single keyword adgroups!

In the AWE:
1) Search for low performing keywords (QS - Costs - CTR)
2) Give them a unique comment
3) Copy them to excel
4) Copy the adgroup titles
5) Search for the exact adgroup titles in the AWE
6) Copy these adgroups and give them a unique name (eg. you can add QS-CTR test)
7) Delete all keywords in these new adgroups without a comment
8) Pauze all keywords in the other adgroups with a comment
9) Optimize Ads etc. in the new adgroups

This way you can restructure your adgroups and re-use the ads & sitelinks for optimization...