AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How portfolio bid strategy works?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

We've applied a portfolio bid strategy for shopping campaign recently, the ROAS dose improve and the performance looks better.  However, one ad group (used to have the most traffic) has almost 0 traffic now is because of the portfolio bid strategy? I thought the strategy should be operating separately.

For example, if 2 ad groups or campaigns were both using the same portfolio bid strategy, the performance of A would not affect B. Is that correct?

Thanks!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Alicia,

Good question.

A portfolio bid strategy takes into account all of the campaigns, ad groups, and keywords included in the strategy. For example, if you're using Target ROAS bidding and you've applied the strategy to multiple ad groups, Google is going to look at the ROAS from both ad groups when calculating what overall ROAS you're achieving and where Google needs to make changes to reach your target.

So yes, the performance of ad group A could affect ad group B if they're both in the same portfolio.

I hope that helps!

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks John! That makes sense! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How does adding negatives impact an RoAS campaign and is it different for search/shopping?