Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How often does Google re-evaluate QS?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

I'm just wondering how often Google re-evaluates a keyword's QS if I update ad copy or landing page copy/experience. Is it every hour? Every 24 hrs? Once a week?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi April,

Google is complex and dynamic... and there is no one answer to your question. It depends on lots of variables. The only answer I would rely on is... as often as needed. 

All the Best,

James

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Real time QS (aka ad quality) is calculated every time a keyword is eligible to take part in an auction., The reference QS (shown on the UI) is updated daily.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Quality score gets re-evaluated constantly. Since CTR is a strong indicator for QS, this can inherently change based of your ad performance even if you don't change ad copy, keywords and bids, and landing page.

As a side note, the UI will not show historical quality score (so changing the date range won't show you what QS used to look like).