AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How much should I pay to show up in number one position?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to rank number one for "real estate Austin";  Can anybody tell me how to go about figuring out how much it's gonna cost to get there? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How much should I pay to show up in number one position?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Emily,

My guess is quite a lot... the main reason - there's going to be a lot of competition.

The slightly more complex reason - there will be lots of other advertisers whose Quality Score for that keyword will be 10/10 - and yours might not be - so you are going to have to pay more than them just to be equal with them... this is something you need to look at.

And, perhaps just as important, there will be companies who - in a sector where the rewards are high in terms of what you earn for converting a lead into a sale - there will be many people prepared to invest above what a lead should really be worth to corner that part of the market and stop you getting the top spot.

but here's the thing - actually a couple of things...

first - you might have trouble getting the top spot for real estate austin but you might get the top spot for affordable condos in austin... look for related keywords which might not have as much competition - and...

secondly - top spot can often be over rated. You might find that what you pay for fourth or fifth spot might give you a better return on investment than top spot - this is something you should work to test and evaluate.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Emily,

My guess is quite a lot... the main reason - there's going to be a lot of competition.

The slightly more complex reason - there will be lots of other advertisers whose Quality Score for that keyword will be 10/10 - and yours might not be - so you are going to have to pay more than them just to be equal with them... this is something you need to look at.

And, perhaps just as important, there will be companies who - in a sector where the rewards are high in terms of what you earn for converting a lead into a sale - there will be many people prepared to invest above what a lead should really be worth to corner that part of the market and stop you getting the top spot.

but here's the thing - actually a couple of things...

first - you might have trouble getting the top spot for real estate austin but you might get the top spot for affordable condos in austin... look for related keywords which might not have as much competition - and...

secondly - top spot can often be over rated. You might find that what you pay for fourth or fifth spot might give you a better return on investment than top spot - this is something you should work to test and evaluate.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

A quick addition to Steve's comprehensive answer: Have you tried the new "keyword planner" to get an average CPC for the KW in you area?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

First thing maintain your quality score for 1 page rank. If your want check cost of 1st page go in adword account->compaign->keyword->colums->costomize colum-then click on there showing fisrt page biding cost