AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How much do i need to set as my bid to be at the top highlighted area?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What do i need to set my bid at to be at the top of the page in the highlited area?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How much do i need to set as my bid to be at the top highlighted a

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Craig , Welcome to the Community !

In the keywords tab you can view the "Estimated top of page bid" , if it is not there, just click on the "Columns" button and add it.

This is the help page describing it :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472742?hl=en

"You can also find your Est. top page bid using the instructions below. It approximates the CPC bid needed for your ad to appear regularly in the top positions above the search results."

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Craig, welcome to the Community.

No one can you tell how much you personally need to pay per click to achieve a position at the top of the page since each Account is different and the prices vary considerably.

You can look at your "Est. Top Page Bid" column when looking at your Keywords tab (you'll have to use the "Customise Columns" button and choose this column from "Attributes"), but personally I've found the estimates here to be unreliable.  The simplest method is just to look at your current average position and then adjust your Max. CPC until you reach the position you want.

Please note that achieving a position within the highlighted area is not just about CPC but also about Ad Quality.  If your Ad doesn't meet certain standards it won't be shown in the top 3 no matter how much you pay.  You should look at your Keyword Quality Scores as well as CPC to get the best shot of appearing in the top 3 positions.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Craig,

That highlighted area is actually the top 1 - 3 positions of the sponsored ads list generated by AdWords. There is no special setting, you simply need to have a high enough ad rank which is determined by your quality score and keyword bid for the search at that particular time. Basically increase your ad position and you will see your ad above the natural search rankings eventually.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.