3.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How many days will past visitors be included

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

When you edit a rule based audience list in the remarketing shared library there is a check box that allows you to pre-populate the list based on past visitors that match the new rules. 

The description for the setting indicates the following:

Keep in mind:
 If you select the checkbox, your list will be pre-populated with site visitors from up to the last 30 days. This will depend on your list's membership duration and the date when you added the remarketing tag.

My question is does it only pre-populate with visitors from the last 30 days that match the new rule or is it based on the membership duration?  The first line of the description indicates it's UP TO 30 days, and the last line indicates it's based on membership duration?

My membership durations are set high like 540 days so I just want to make sure that if I edit the rules of the list I don't lose all but 30 days of that audience list. 

Thanks in advance!
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How many days will past visitors be included

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi James,

I don't have significant data to back this up but I'll take a stab at it.

First, if you have concerns about editing a rule, I would just add a new one.

The way I interpret that wording is that it will add 30 days MAX. You could have your duration set less than 30 days or have only added your tags 10 days ago, so it may not always be 30 days. But at the same time, if you have an Main List audience with an extended duration - 540 days - I would imagine that you should be able to manipulate that any way you wish.

Interesting for sure. Sorry I don't have better info for you. I'd really have to mess around with some lists to get a better idea of how this language translates in an account.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: How many days will past visitors be included

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks, that is sort of my interpretation as well and I think creating a new list is the safest route as well. It would be nice to have full clarification on that quite ambiguous statement Google makes.