star_border

How long does it take to review daily uploads

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Everyone

Could you please advise on the following:

We submit the Product Listing feed to Google at 7AM. GMT

At around 13 PM, we change the prices of some products on the website. We suspect the wrong prices after 13 PM is causing Google to hide those products from search, and a loss of traffic.

Is it advisable to resubmit an updated feed to Google after 13 PM? Or would a fresh submission make products unavailable on google search for a while until Google validates all products in the feed?

12-14PM is peak time for us - so we don’t want to be off Google Search at all - please help.

Thanks

Ajay

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How long does it take to review daily uploads

ANP Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
ANP Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Ajay,

As it is already past your peak time by now I would say go ahead and update your feed. As a best practice/guideline I would always suggest updating your data as often as your item information changes.

ANP

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Actually, we do this uploading everyday, for 1 day a delay would be not be an issue at all. With that in mind, what is the best time to submit a data feed? In other words if there a time when data feed is reviewed by Google, I guess there is but not sure.

ANP Community Manager
Community Manager
# 4
ANP Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Ajay,

To my knowledge, there isn't a "best" time to upload a feed. Approval time has much more to do with volume (which is going to vary a lot by region and season) than anything else. The actual review process happens round the clock, however, it may make sense for you to upload at the beginning of your business day (or the evening before) since you can then reach customer support in the event of catastrophic failure.

ANP

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I like the blog you posted here. Such a great info to share. Keep it up posting.
Thanks,
Carolyn Whitfield
http://www.rebelink.com.au/