AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How long does it take the Upgrade Center to merge campaigns?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am using the upgrade center to merge some campaigns and they've said "Merge Started" for the last half hour or so. How long does it take to finish merging and upgrading? Can't find any information about it anywhere.

Thanks!

-Chris

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christopher L
September 2015

Re: How long does it take the Upgrade Center to merge campaigns?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Chris,

The process to merge campaigns using the Upgrade Center should be fairly quick, and we do not expect the system to remain "stuck" on the 'Merge Started' page.

I would recommend either clearing the cache & cookies on your browser or using a new browser to complete the process. This should resolve the issue, otherwise, let us know if you run into further problems using the upgrade center. 

Juliana S. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christopher L
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Chris,

The process to merge campaigns using the Upgrade Center should be fairly quick, and we do not expect the system to remain "stuck" on the 'Merge Started' page.

I would recommend either clearing the cache & cookies on your browser or using a new browser to complete the process. This should resolve the issue, otherwise, let us know if you run into further problems using the upgrade center. 

Juliana S. 

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm having the same issue.  Well, one or two others as well.  And yes, I tried it with another browser. 

All the campaigns in this account are paired, with a mobile campaign mirroring the desktop one in all but device targeting.  We've done this because top of page bids vary wildly between desktop and mobile;  sometimes mobile top of page is 10 times desktop, sometimes desktop is 10 times mobile.  No simple setting will make allowances for that in the new "enhanced" campaigns, unfortunately.

However, the "Upgrade center" doesn't see the pairing, even after I've going into advanced mode and told it pair by pair. 

Did yours ever complete, Christopher?

Phil

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Hey Christopher + Phil,

Let me know if you still aren't able to use the "Upgrade Center" efficiently to transition the campaigns. I'm happy to look into whether this is a bigger issue than CCC.

Juliana

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Well, Juliana, I've been waiting over 45 minutes with no change.  I signed out of the account, used a different browser, cleared cookies and cache (good alliteration), all to no avail.

Also, any thoughts on why the Upgrade center could not see my campaign pairs to merge?  They match exactly, but for device targeting and _MOB stuck at the end of the campaign name for mobile.  If the UC is looking at all, it should be able to fine my pairs!

Phil

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Juliana - 

I have another upgrade center question:

When merging campaigns, text ads are supposed to be brought over to the primary campaign.  Will that put them under review again?  I'd rather not pause my campaigns for three days waiting for them to pass review again.

Thanks!

Phil