AdWords
1.2K members online now
1.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How is 'Ad relevance' determined in Multi-Ad Ad groups?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'ld like to know how AdWords determines the 'ad relevance' that is part of the QS for a keyword when there are multiple ads in the Ad group.

Some ads are more relevant to the the keyword than others i assume (because of the exact keywords being present in the ad copy) ?

If so, how does this affect QS and ad relevance?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How is 'Ad relevance' determined in Multi-Ad Ad gr

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Nils,

Relevance score is calculated based on couple of factors of which important being CTR. The more positive interaction, the higher the ad relevance score will be.
Another factor is your Ad Rotation Setting
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/112876?hl=en

We have opted for Rotate Indefinitely and I keep a track of its performance in terms of Clicks & Position

Preeti

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Nils,

Yes, relevance is primarily a measure of CTR. Google means relevance to the user, and that's measured by CTR. That CTR is applied to a scale. We have no idea what that scale is. It shows up as Above, At or Below average. Appearance of your keyword in the ad copy has no direct effect on relevance. It can improve your CTR, and that can improve the relevance.

If you have more than one ad, it's kind of an average of the response of the keyword with each of the ads.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
thanks Preeti,

so how is Ad relevance calculated if multiple ads are being served/rotated over time? Is it the average performance of the different Ads?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes Nils.. That's what I believe.