Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How high do i bid?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a placements + keywords setup on a campaign. A specific website i want to be on doesn't show my ads as often as i want. I increased the bid but there was no change. Does it take longer to update to the new bid when auctions happen?  Might the fact that my daily budget is almost up be a factor?

Time is crucial in this campaign and i can't wait for 2 days to check the details for that placement. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Iulia T
September 2015

Re: How high do i bid?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Iulia,
Yes, your Daily Budget almost being depleted could be a factor why you're not receiving as many Impressions from this particular Placement. Couple things to consider that may give you more Impressions on that Placement -

• Consider increasing your Bid for that Placement - after updating your Bids it can take a little bit of time
  • Consider creating a separate Camapign just for that Placement (and/or other high priority Placements) - allocating a separate budget just for this one Placement can allow your budget to be solely focused on this Placement
  • Create your Ads in different sizes and add Text Ads - this will give you the opportunity to display your Ads in more places on the Placement's web pages.

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lulia,

check your keywords, does they have ad relevance and the quality of your landing pages. content is king!!! maintain good content that is useful and informative for audience.
Re: Bids, if you optimize your adwords, you can get clicks.

Regards,
Sandeep Kumar Seeram

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sandeep,

The keywords match the content on the website, i had around 2000 impressions so far but it's not enough. My problem isn't conversions or clicks, it's impressions. I don't show up as often as i'd like.

Regards,
iulia
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Iulia T
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Iulia,
Yes, your Daily Budget almost being depleted could be a factor why you're not receiving as many Impressions from this particular Placement. Couple things to consider that may give you more Impressions on that Placement -

• Consider increasing your Bid for that Placement - after updating your Bids it can take a little bit of time
  • Consider creating a separate Camapign just for that Placement (and/or other high priority Placements) - allocating a separate budget just for this one Placement can allow your budget to be solely focused on this Placement
  • Create your Ads in different sizes and add Text Ads - this will give you the opportunity to display your Ads in more places on the Placement's web pages.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I've increased the bids even more and after a while i started getting more impressions and seeing the ads on the website as well. Thanks for the tips!