AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How does the recommendation for phrases work?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I setup an Ad but i noticed that the ad is showing for irrelevant searches. How does the concept of recommendations for phrases work?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How does the recommendation for phrases work?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Biren, welcome to the Community.

I'm not sure if I've understood your question correctly but if you're looking for information on how Phrase (and other match types) work then here's a great resource:

Using Keyword Matching Options

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Biren,

How did you happen to notice? Was it through a search query report?

If not, I would check them out https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en they are very helpful for identifying irrelevant searches which you can control through match types (the link Jon pointed you to is great) and also identifying negative keywords that can be added to control irrelevant search queries - Look into negative match types if you try negatives. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453972?hl=en

The report can also be helpful for mining new keywords that you have not previously thought of.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Use phrase match if you want to make sure that a specific keyword triggers your ad but you know that the specific keyword can be surrounded by other terms.

If you are receiving irrelevant clicks then either your keyword itself is irrelevant to your campaign or the terms surrounding it are irrelevant. As Kim alluded to, you should look at you search query report to decide which is the case.