AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How does activating auto-bidding effect Quality Score?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi AW Community -

We have a low QS on almost all of our keywords (3 out of 10) and have been unable to understand why. Our CTRs seem fine and have gotten better with zero effect on score. Can switching from manual bidding to eCPC or tCPA help address the extra cost we're paying for our current Quality Score by shifting our ads down to a lower position where there are better CPAs for us?

Here's what I think will happen:
- Our $10 bids are pushing our ads into a higher position than they would normally be and we're paying an inflated CPC for the privilege of being in those positions
- In search of best CPA, eCPC/tCPA will adjust our ads down to a position where the auction is a tad less competitive and our we're paying a less inflated CPC for the privilege of being at that position than the higher one. 
- This will reduce the need to diagnose and fix our low Quality Score - which we're been unable to do...it's stuck at 3/10 - or may even help our Ad CTR based Quality score because at lower auction our CTR might be better relative to other ads. 

Thanks for any insights. 

Charlie
1 Expert replyverified_user

How does activating auto-bidding effect Quality Score?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Charlie V

Quality Score is Google's rating of the quality and relevance of both your keywords and PPC ads. It is used to determine your cost per click. In other words if you have low Quality Score you have to pay more in order to be higher in searches and that affects the Cost per Click and effectiveness of your adverts. In my opinion switching from eCPC to tCPA will not improve your Quality Score. The only way of improving this is by working on keywords and ad relevancy. Also you may like to look into your website landing pages. Maybe adding relevant titles and descriptions would help to improve your Quality Score.

This article might help http://www.wordstream.com/quality-score 

This is my thought. Hope that helpsSmiley Happy

Shamack

Re: How does activating auto-bidding effect Quality Score?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Przemyslaw S;

Please refer to resources  only supported or endorsed by Google. Only those are verified for accuracy . If an error is found we can fix.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: How does activating auto-bidding effect Quality Score?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Charlie V;

If your QS is constantly 3 I would manually  work to improve it - no automated bid strategies. The classic old way: match types, negative keywords, and ad-copy.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’