AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How do you structure your display campaigns?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Community,

I had a quick question for you all.

To provide context, I run Adwords in-house for a b2b tech company -- primarily for lead/demand generation purposes.

We currently have a mix of 6-7 different assets that we promote on the Google display network in the form of text ads and banners (various sizes).

Currently, the way our campaigns are structured, they're broken about by type (text ad vs. banner).

In regards to banners, we primarily use three diff. specs 300x250, 728x90, and 160x600... Is there a better way to manage and optimize based on size? Does ad size have any implications on bidding/placements?

Let me know what you all think here, and how you all structure your display campaigns.

Best,

JP

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do you structure your display campaigns?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi JP,

It will be a good practice to use image ads in all available sizes.

Image ad slots available on different websites on the Google display network are different. As you are using only three different sizes of images, you may be missing a lot of placement opportunities, where only some other image size/dimension is available on the placement websites.

You can use the Display Planner to find better placement in you niche.

Find more information about different image ads sizes here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722096?hl=en

Hope this helps,

Deepak

Re: How do you structure your display campaigns?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi JP,

As Deepak said above, it is always a good practice to start with all different image ad formats because you might be missing lot of placements over Display Network, where you can get more relevant users, but not creating those ad formats is restricting you to reach them.

So first of all add different image ad formats probably in different ad groups (if possible). Then monitor the performance.

Also look for the relevant placements and add them as Managed so that your ads can be shown more often on them and you have more chances of getting relevant traffic and further relevant leads/sales for you.

Also create advanced campaigns like Remarketing campaign, Dynamic Remarketing campaign so that you can explore the maximum possible reach of AdWords.

Engagement ads campaign is the newest one and if possible and you have some budget for experimentation, try that campaign as well to improve Brand awareness. More details here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6145130?hl=en

My 2 cents!

Pankaj