AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How do you make changes in your newly activated enhanced campaign?

LT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
LT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just upgraded one of  my campaigns to an enhanced campaign in which I already have site links and extensions, etc. I understand that the enhanced campaign will allow me to market across all devices with an ability to change/target customers on the devices individualy? yes/no?  But where do I go to do this, campaign settings? Please help so I can get my arms around this. Thank you. :-)

Re: How do you make changes in your newly activated enhanced campaign?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello LT, 

Yes, You can target customer Individually. To determine the target devices, open all your campaigns in AdWords, select the Settings tab, and locate the “Devices” column.

In AdWords Editor, select the Campaigns tab and locate the “Devices” column. The screen at left shows this setting for three sample campaignsUntitled31.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

FYI, I have found that after switching a campaign to "Enhanced," the new features generally are not available or visible until I log out from AdWords and log back in.

LT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
LT
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I appreciate your reply. Please bear with me I am a novice at this. I opened up my Enhanced campaign and went to the settings page. Where is AdWords Editor? I've looked everywhere? Is it a program outside of AdWords? I don't see it in the settings page of the campaign in which I want to see how to make changes to an Enhanced campaign. Any ideas? Thank you for your time.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

SumanPPC: The screen shot you've displayed shows the campaign settings for non-Enhanced campaigns, but this fellow asked about Enhanced campaigns. In Enhanced campaigns, the "Devices" column always shows "all" and is not editable.

As I referenced in another discussion thread here, there now seems to be no way to limit a campaign to mobile devices only, although there is an ad "preference" which allows advertisers to signal Google which ads should be shown mostly to mobile vs. non-mobile devices (but it does not prevent cross-display).  

It is possible to disable ads on mobile devices by setting the Mobile Bid Adjustment to "Decrease 100%."

LT: The AdWords Editor is a separate software program from Google, for Windows and Macintosh computers. It generally does not support the most current features of AdWords because the development cycle is behind.  http://www.google.com/intl/en/adwordseditor/  I'm not at work right now so I'm not certain, but I don't think it supports all the Enhanced campaign features.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

JT, you can designate ads intended primarily for mobile devices by checking the checkbox while defining a Text Ad, but the accompanying instructions state that "If your ad group contains mobile-optimized text ads only, those ads may appear on desktops and laptop computers and tablets."  

Note that the "mobile preference" checkbox is not available for Image or Display Ads; of course, Display Ads generally are not visible on mobile devices because they use Flash.

Like all editing features, changing this setting will delete an existing ad and its history, so you should always use the "Edit -> Copy" feature to create a copy that you'll edit, if you don't want to lose the history for an existing ad. Ads marked with this preference will include (mobile)

mobile-preference.png