AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How do you keep your competition from clicking away your budget?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As a start up and with a limited budget, Is there a way to see who is clicking on your ad? I unfortunately could see where a competitior could click on an ad and it seems rather simple to click multiple times and delete my budget. Any accountability in place to deter that?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How do you keep your competition from clicking away your budget?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

I believe that Adwords is a secure advertising platform and Google has got various sophisticated tools and techniques to detect any invalid click activity and save the advertisers from being a victim of invalid clicks.

I would encourage you to read more on this here: http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/invalid-click-protection.html

Most of the times if Google detects this kind of activity, they credit the balance back into advertiser's account. Still if you think that you are being affected by this invalid click activity, you can report that to Google for further investigation:

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2557048?rd=1

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Glenn,

In addition to great advice from Pankaj, I would want you to check search query if running search campaign, from where (which keywords) you are getting clicks. you can negative irrelevant queries to stop waste clicks.

And placements if running display campaign on automatic placements. you can exclude placements which are not relevant for your biz.

Hope that makes some sense.

Thanks

Neha Gupta

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

I believe that Adwords is a secure advertising platform and Google has got various sophisticated tools and techniques to detect any invalid click activity and save the advertisers from being a victim of invalid clicks.

I would encourage you to read more on this here: http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/invalid-click-protection.html

Most of the times if Google detects this kind of activity, they credit the balance back into advertiser's account. Still if you think that you are being affected by this invalid click activity, you can report that to Google for further investigation:

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2557048?rd=1

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Glenn,

In addition to great advice from Pankaj, I would want you to check search query if running search campaign, from where (which keywords) you are getting clicks. you can negative irrelevant queries to stop waste clicks.

And placements if running display campaign on automatic placements. you can exclude placements which are not relevant for your biz.

Hope that makes some sense.

Thanks

Neha Gupta

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’