2.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How do you filter out "0" Segments?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm tring to filter out the 0 Segments from UI to where it only displays the segment IF impression is >0. How do I filter out Segments that have Impressions='0' ?

How do yu filter out 0 SEGMENTS

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How do you filter out "0" Segments?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi,

So it isn't possible to remove segments that are showing 0 data in the AdWords interface itself. Lakatos' idea of downloading the report and then only focusing on parts of the report that have data is a good workaround though.

A.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Maxroizer,

In case you only wish to see rows where Impressions=0, then you're advised to apply the filter:

Impressions=0

On the other hand, in case you only wish to see rows where Impressions>0, then you'll need to sort the raws by Impressions and disable the ones where Impressions=0.

Alternatively you may want to download the data to an excel file which is specifically meant for special tasks associated with data base management.

I hope I did not misunderstand the query.

Best,

Lakatos

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lakatos

I tried that. It doesn't work. I would like to hide Segments that have 0 values. The filter only applies to the active Campaign, Ad Group, Keyword, Ad, or Display Network URL. It does not work for segments unfortunately.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi,

So it isn't possible to remove segments that are showing 0 data in the AdWords interface itself. Lakatos' idea of downloading the report and then only focusing on parts of the report that have data is a good workaround though.

A.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Lakatos and Alys,

You are correct. By exporting data I can filter out the segmented 0 fields, however I would like to make realtime edits based on my findings. When I segment conversions in Campaign, Ad Group, Keyword, or Ad view, it only displays conversions that have a conversion value of >0. However the networks segment displays the 0 values. Thereby reduceing my visual space by 1/4 So I'm sure Google can implement hiding the segment for all segment views (if impressions =0), with an option to toggle it on or off.

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I'm sorry I mixed up .xlsx and the UI for a moment. Yep, Adwords could do that, however, I don't think they wanna compete with excel....Robot LOL