AdWords
760 members online now
760 members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How do you disable tablet traffic when there is no bid adjustment option available?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Tablet traffic is absolutely garbage for my campaigns.

Is there some hack for this? <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> 

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager. Per Community Posting Guidelines, we ask Community Members to neither ask for nor offer assistance outside of the Community itself. Thanks for your understanding.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
April 2016

Re: How do you disable tablet traffic when there is no bid adjustment option available?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately you are not able to select only desktops with the new enhanced campaigns but you are able to use the new bid multipliers on the devices to prevent them running on mobiles.

Under your campaign settings you will see devices and you can click on the bid adj column, mobile row and decrease your mobile bids by 100% (my example below is 75%) which will stop mobile traffic.

Tablets are now treated like desktops so you can't adjust those at present. The Adwords customer support confirmed me that yesterday, Google declaring that traffic on tablets and computers are the same behaviour (whereas they aren't, especially in this case), it won't let you opt-out.

Let me know if this helps you or if you have any other questions.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
April 2016

Re: How do you disable tablet traffic when there is no bid adjustment option available?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately you are not able to select only desktops with the new enhanced campaigns but you are able to use the new bid multipliers on the devices to prevent them running on mobiles.

Under your campaign settings you will see devices and you can click on the bid adj column, mobile row and decrease your mobile bids by 100% (my example below is 75%) which will stop mobile traffic.

Tablets are now treated like desktops so you can't adjust those at present. The Adwords customer support confirmed me that yesterday, Google declaring that traffic on tablets and computers are the same behaviour (whereas they aren't, especially in this case), it won't let you opt-out.

Let me know if this helps you or if you have any other questions.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Taewoo,

You're feeling the same pain, felt by many of us. Adwords doesn't provide any hack to adjust bids for tablets. I'd recommend of looking into tablet device traffic analytics and find out the things not working.

Regards
Sandeep Kumar

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Good news! Google has just announced that soon this year you will be able to make bid adjustments to tablets, hang in there another couple of months though!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
SWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

From Wordstream
=====================

5. Changes to Device Bidding

Finally, some changes are coming to the AdWords bidding process.

Currently, advertisers set a base desktop bid and then set mobile bids as a multiplier on the base bid. This was introduced with Enhanced Campaigns. (And tablet is stuck with desktop, something a lot of PPC people have complained about, though tablet searches only account for about 5% of traffic and aren't growing.)

Going forward, this is all being decoupled. You will have the ability to set mobile bids, desktop bids, and tablet bids independently or make them dependent on each other. This gives advertisers a little more flexibility and further enforces Google's mobile-first viewpoint (why start with the desktop bid if everything is moving to mobile-first?).