AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How do i delete or remove excluded keywords?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Friends,

I have Excluded some keywords in an adgroup. I want to restore excluded keywords or how do i delete or remove excluded keywords?

Thanks,

S.Rajesh

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joomla J
September 2015

Re: How do i delete or remove excluded keywords?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Joomla / S.Rajesh

If i understand your question correctly, In order to remove a keyword from the Negative keywords list, click on keywords tab and underneath you will see Negative keywords. Click on it and you will see the negatives added at ad group / campaign level. From here you can select the ones you want to remove / restore.

Hope this helps

James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi James,

Please find the below snapshot. I really want to remove the excluded keywords from Users Search Terms report,

joomla.PNG

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey

If I am understanding this correctly, once you remove each of these kw from the negative kw lists, they should then not have the excluded label applied to them when you run a search terms report.

On the image you pasted above, if you look to the columns to the right, they should be campaign and ad groups, click on the appropriate one, go to the campaign / ad group and follow the steps above to remove them as negative KW. Once you have done this, they should not appear in your filter. If they do, please ensure you check all negative kw lists applied to these campaigns.

Feel free to post after this task has been completed and I will reply.

Hope that helps

James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks james i got the answers..
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Still i have some queries with excluded keywords,

While excluding the keywords in Search Queries report, should we have all keywords match type to "Exact" or it can be anything? For eg, if someone searching "Joomla development" keyword, will my ad appear in results?. Because in SQ report "Joomla" as "Broad" match type. Please guide me.

joomla.PNG

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Joomla J,

"For eg, if someone searching "Joomla development" keyword, will my ad appear in results?."

With the setup you show above, no. Negative broad match joomla will block Joomla development. You can add negative keywords in any match type. If you want to block the single search term, joomla, make it an exact match. Otherwise, the broad match will block any search term that include the term joomla.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords