AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How do define quality score is directly related to CTR ?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I do not  practically understand how CTR impact Quality score. There is a lot of proof but that all are conceptuals..

have you practical insight that can define CTR impacts Quality score? And Google decide Avg CPC according to keywords QS.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clal Lodh
October 2015

Re: How do define quality score is directly related to CTR ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Clal,

You need to perform this analysis on one individual keyword and then compare time progression really.

The problem with comparing lots of different keywords is the fact that each keyword essentially has its own 'environment' when it comes to calculating quality score. Different factors come into play such as relevance to the ad text and landing page, how the keyword has performed historically for other competitors, etc.

I suggest that you choose two or three keywords and then monitor these same statistics over a time period for each keyword, so you will have three tests as opposed to comparing the three keywords against one another basically. Take note if CTR drops or improves and then check to see how quality score and CPC is influenced; bear in mind that bid adjustments will skew your results so you might have to test this with less important keywords.

Does this make sense?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Clal,

If you are wanting confirmation directly from Google then this article covers the topic very well. It sounds like you have already reviewed evidence from external sources so I won't provide examples for now. I (and many others in the community) can confirm that CTR influences quality score however.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Scotty

Thanks for reply.. But I have already go through it.. One campaign in my account which show how different insight. Could you visit given link <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. Please post a screenshot of a spreadsheet, if needed, rather than a link to the spreadsheet itself.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clal Lodh
October 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Clal,

You need to perform this analysis on one individual keyword and then compare time progression really.

The problem with comparing lots of different keywords is the fact that each keyword essentially has its own 'environment' when it comes to calculating quality score. Different factors come into play such as relevance to the ad text and landing page, how the keyword has performed historically for other competitors, etc.

I suggest that you choose two or three keywords and then monitor these same statistics over a time period for each keyword, so you will have three tests as opposed to comparing the three keywords against one another basically. Take note if CTR drops or improves and then check to see how quality score and CPC is influenced; bear in mind that bid adjustments will skew your results so you might have to test this with less important keywords.

Does this make sense?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@ScottyD provided a methodology to run a  test. To make the issue even more complex, remember that QS is a relative score (Google does not disclose the distribution modeling, though). So, once a QS is calculated (with CTR as the predominant component) the QS is normalized based on the "relative distribution model" Google has set.

The statistical modeling of QS is complex. It's a multi variable statistics in which CTR plays a major role.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’