AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How do I measure the true ROI - control group testing?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I am planning to start a display campaign on Affinity Groups. 
But I am not sure, how would I calculate the ROI for this campaign. It would be a Pure branding campaign. 
So, if the campaign goes successful I should see an increase in the conversion and also an increase in the brand searches. Conversions can be tracked with the conversion tracking codes. But how would I calculate the increase in the brand searches resulting from this campaign? 

Re: How do I measure the true ROI - control group testing?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sayem,

You can take help of Analytics Brand and Generic Channels feature to measure the performance of your brand terms and General terms. Here is the complete guide for you to set up the channels.

I hope this helps you.

Re: How do I measure the true ROI - control group testing?

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

God Question Sayem M,

I would make sure I have Google Universal Analytics installed.  I would Ad Google Webmaster Tools linked as well as the Adwords Accounts linked to Google Analytics.

Branded searches in the future would come from either "Direct" visits meaning they know the Website URL. or from organic Search Results for your branded keyword terms in the Acquisitions> All traffic.

Also  Google Analytics no longer shows many of the keyword terms from users and you will see a lot of "Not Provided" details.  The work around is to view data under the Acquisition Tab > Search Engine Optimization > Queries details which pulls from Google Webmaster Tool.

Start tracking your current levels of brand acquisition so that you have a current bench mark.