AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How do I know what happened after someone clicked on my location extension?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've recently added a location extension to my AdWords account. I can see that my adds are getting impressions and clicks on the extension. Is there anyway to find out what happens after they cliked on the location extension? Like if they started driving towards my location, etc.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anish Kuriakose
February 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi Anish

Look here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404182?hl=en

After click this extension user is redirected to Google Maps to see your location. You will pay a standard CPC.
Currently we cannot track such coversions in real world.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi @Anish Kuriakose,

With Location extension,

On computers, Your business address(clickable) and/or phone number will be shown.

This clickable location link will redirect you on the Get directions page on the Google maps.

On Mobile devices and other devices(capable of making calls), a clickable call button and/or business location link with direction to your store will be shown.

So, clicking the location link does not mean that the users is driving to your store at the same time. May be he/she will visit later or may not visit.

Note: For any clickable link(call button or location link), you will be charged as usual for ad clicks.

The cost of clicks on extensions are set in the same way as headline clicks: the most you'll pay is what's minimally required to keep your extensions and ad position.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’