AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How do I guarantee top placement for keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Trying to ensure my ads have top placement with certain keywords. How do I do this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I guarantee top placement for keywords?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Blaine

you need to do the following
1) Make sure your keywords are in your Advert
2) Make sure your landing page in relevant to the keywords and the advert
3) Bid high
this will still not guarantee a top placement as other competitors may have done points 1-3 better and also have a high QS. QS is partly based on performance and so competitors may have been doing well for quite some time.

Hope this helps

Feilim

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

You may get calls from companies that guarantee placement on keywords. that is an old school sales model that Google put the hammer down on. Any company who offers you this is in violation of Google's partner agreement and they are most likely not a Google certified partner.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello guys;

I said,  in another discussion, that I have never been able to understand the"race" towards the top positions...

My view:  set your goal based on ROI.

I, personally, like to "target" the 3 top positions, since these can include sitelinks. Within the 3 top positions, - I don't think that it matters much whether you are 1 or 3rd....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You can use the "top of page" bidding strategy.

However, I have to agree with MosheTLV...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Agree with MosheTLV too,

Back to your objective, if you have the objective on conversion. try to optimize your keyword that generate more conversions.

But if you want to get the top position for your ads, here are some suggestions that you can do (but not guaranteed on 1st position) :
1. Targeting your "brand" keyword. Usually, the brand keyword has a good QS that will afect your ad rank.
2. Targeting your keyword that relevance with your CTR and landing page
3. Set your bid higher for every keyword that has a good QS to achieve and maintain the top position for your ads , remember with the AdRank Formula (Ad Rank = Max Bid x QS).

Thank you
@ryanbatchin