2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How do I get potential client to send correct phone number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I get potential clients who sign up for the add to use a correct phone number. What program will work for this?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I get potential client to send correct phone number

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Can you please define what is Add and what phone number you are talking about ?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Susan, I guessing that you're looking for a verification process for phone numbers submitted by people on a website.

I don't think there'll be anything that can check a number is real - other than some sort of automated calling procedure which would be quite tiresome for your customers.  All I'd be inclined to do is use rules to check that phone numbers fit logical patterns.  For example, all mobile numbers in the UK start with 07 and are 11 digits long in total, so you could check a mobile number field to make sure it begins 07 and is 11 numbers (or begins 7 and is 10 digits long).  You can, of course, also check that numbers don't include letters or symbols.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There has to be programs that can detect a correct phone number

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

This isn't really a matter for a stand-alone program since it's the sort of thing that's usually handled by a website's code. Talk to your website people about it. They should be able to code the form so that it detects if a number entered is in a certain format, as Jon said.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Most form builders will have validation scripts for particular fields. As Jon explains, getting this to detect and approve phone numbers would be difficult if not impossible, but simple validation such as checking that there are no letters in the number is pretty standard.