AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How do I get on the Beta Test for this?

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Does anyone know if there is any way to get on this beta test that Google is doing?  The guy I spoke to today at Google said it is closed so there is no way to get on it.  I really want on it Smiley Sad

Picture of what I'm talking about: http://www.diigo.com/item/image/2robx/jvst

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual
3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How do I get on the Beta Test for this?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Joy,

Unfortunately, many beta features are 'invite' only and do indeed close quite fast.  I think you have your answer "The guy I spoke to today at Google said it is closed so there is no way to get on it."

@Moshe - there is an 'enter your zip code for a quote' extension in some of the insurance ads.  Quite a nice feature actually.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Could you explain what are you trying to test?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Joy,

Unfortunately, many beta features are 'invite' only and do indeed close quite fast.  I think you have your answer "The guy I spoke to today at Google said it is closed so there is no way to get on it."

@Moshe - there is an 'enter your zip code for a quote' extension in some of the insurance ads.  Quite a nice feature actually.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ohhh...I though the OP was asking about some sort "Adwords experiments"

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Yeah I figured there was no harm in asking.  Do you know what sorts of people Google normally invites to the tests?  Do Top Contributers get invited to tests like this? lol

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Joy,

I completely understand where you're coming from, I really do. 

Honestly, I don't have the slightest idea of the criteria for beta testing any new features but as you say, it never hurts to ask. I have contacted AdWords Support myself and have been told the same thing. I could be wrong here but I think I have previously noticed some announcements where Google was looking for beta testers and a form to apply but beyond that, I have no clue. 

Good Luck!

-Tommy