AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How do I get brand y to been seen in brand x space?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I get my product to show against competing products with product listing ads?

Example only. If I sell Sharp HDTV's I want my product listing and to show up in Samsung listings. Healthy competition is good, right? Can this be done?

Or am I limited to broad HDTV space?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I get brand y to been seen in brand x space?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi

Product Listings Ad's pull from the data found within your Merchant Center feed.

Along with the bid, the relevance of your items to the search term used is what will be displayed as a general rule.

The chances of your item being shown for a search for HDTV, if your bid were high enough is possible, however, to be located in an alternate brand search when sellers of the alternate brand would be more relevant, is unlikely.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Basically Google has eliminated cross brand competition except for the broad market.
ok, so...

If I sold Brand y model 44 I could not compete with brand x model 451.Because its not deemed relevant because customer typed brand x model 451? This is biased towards one vendor, it does not allow customers to possibly see the better alternative.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi GTL103, it all really depends upon the type of product and the type of searches being made.  If I search Google for "Sony ABC123", I'd expect to see Ads for that Sony product.  I'm sure you can imagine that if Google were to automatically show Ads for "Samsung DEF123" within those results, we'd soon have a raft of "Sony" advertisers asking, quite rightly, why Ads for Samsung are appearing when someone searches for Sony.  However, if I search for "LED TV", then it makes sense that a variety of brands will be shown because I've not specified a preference.

Note also that we're only talking about PLAs here.  With standard text Ads you could use competitor brand names in your Keywords and have your Ads shown among other results.  Likewise, there's nothing to stop you promoting your products via the Display Network or YouTube against any other Ads.  

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi

If a user is searching for a particular item, then this is likely to be because this is what they wish to purchase, not review against other items. For this, a user is more inclined to read reviews, do some research before coming to the decision to use shopping to purchase an item.

Although I can understand your view, I can also see the importance of users being presented with results relevant to the search they carried out rather than alternatives.