AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How do I block tablet & desktop traffic?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried bidding low w/300% mobile bid adjustment. I am still getting TONS of desktop traffic

Is there a way to fix this? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I block tablet & desktop traffic?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi taewoo,

There is no current way to completely turn off desktop traffic in a Search Network Only campaign. Depending on your goals, you could create a Call-Only campaign--this campaign type will only show on mobile, with the intention of driving phone calls.

What is your goal for the campaign?

Cassie

Re: How do I block tablet & desktop traffic?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Taewoo,

You can not block tablets and desktops on search networks (standard and all features) campaigns. As suggested by Cassie, you can try call only campaigns.

Though there are other methods to limit the ad impressions on tablets and desktops but can not be blocked completely on search network.
You can bid very low for your keywords and then increase mobile bid adjustments to +300%.
Due to too low bid, your ads will loose impressions on desktop and tablets to some extent and at the same time due to increased bid of mobile to 300%, there are more chances of ads to be shown on mobile as compared to desktops or tablets.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’