AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How do I apply multiple audiences in Interests?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm creating a display only campaign to target people based on the profile I have for previous best customers. To of these attributes are Affinity: Technophiles and In-Market: Hotels & Accommodation. I am adding these to my targeting via Interests & remarketing and want to target the overlap of the two, to narrow my total audience but instead what is happening is that I am targeting the full set and expanding my audience. How can I use these and other Interest attributes to narrow my audience?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Oli,

Please go through below link, as this is looks same as your and its solved.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Advanced-Features/Affinity-and-in-markets-audiences-AND-or...

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rajput

Thanks for the reply. I've read through the thread you provided but am not sure this answers my question or perhaps what I'm trying to do is not possible. From the thread - I have my Interests & Remarketing targeting set as Target And Bid so when I add Demographic targeting to Interests & Remarketing, it is applied with an AND condition to narrow my audience to the overlap of the two. The issue seems to be related to adding multiple targeting within Interests & Remarketing where they are applied with an OR condition and no way to change to AND eg. if I continue to add In Market audiences, I can see my weekly available impressions increase.

Thanks

Oli

Re: How do I apply multiple audiences in Interests?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
In that case only option i know is two set target and bid setting with all
targeting methods.

Re: How do I apply multiple audiences in Interests?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
In that case only option i know is two set target and bid setting with all
targeting methods.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Oli,

You can create custom combination lists in your shared library and then apply them to your ad groups. 

See link below for further details: 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549111?hl=en&ref_topic=3122887

-Julia 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Julia

Thank you for your help. I've had a look at play with this but unfortunately custom combinations are only  available for remarketing lists and not for interest audiences.

Despite layering demo and geo targeting on top of an interest audience, it is still too broad with poor performance to match. I can see other affinity and in-market audiences that my buyers over index for so the obvious move is to add these with an AND condition to narrow the audience, target the overlap and increase performance but it seems as though I can only add interest audiences as an OR condition to increase the size.

Best

Oli

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

If you select target and bid for each of the targeting methods then this will combine the conditions for you... watch how the venn diagram changes as you toggle between target and bid and bid only...

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Oli,

To reach a specific type of audience, you want to add a few targeting methods witnin an ad group. Then your ads can show only when the specific targeting methods you've selected match

IMG_3805.JPG

Here are some sample combinations:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1209882?hl=en