AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How can we relate CTR with Quality Score ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How can we relate CTR with Quality Score ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
HI Samarth,

Welcome to the adwords CommunitySmiley Happy

We have a several discussion on the CTR and quality score. Please follow the below link to find your answer:-

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/Quality-Score-CTR/m-p/178568

Cheers!
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Samarth,

Your CTR has the biggest influence on your quality score. Please check the link below under ‘How we calculate Quality Score’

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en

Hope this helps,

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I have read all this I was thinking of getting more precise answer with numbers like

-----% increase in CTR increases QS by 1 digit ????
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Samarth
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello,

In addition, I would like to say that there is no definite formula in relation to CTR and Quality Score where you increase your CTR by x% and get an uplift in QS by y%.

But yes if you keep working on your CTR and try to maintain it with excellent numbers, then gradually you can see your QS increasing. 

There's lot more about QS and Googler Tanmay talked about it in his famous post here:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Ingredients-of-the-Quality-Score-sauce/td-...

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great Article share I like it ......

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
CTR is just one of the factors that influence QS.

There are other factors like your keyword/ad relevancy, landing page quality, your targeted device or your target geography.

So even if your CTR increases or decreases a certain percentage, the affect of that on QS can vary to a great extend based on the other factors.

And the exact QS formula (up to what extend all these factors has an influence on QS and thus on position of your ads) will always be a secret as Google organic search algorithm.

Because if you know exactly how CTR improves your QS and ad position, you are better equipped to control it, which will destroy the entire Adwords eco system.

Deepak