AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How can we prevent multiple clicks from the same device but different IP on our Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I understand that Google does deem multiple clicks from the same IP within a certain timespan as invalid clicks. However, what if the competitor is using the same device but with multiple IP to do the click on our Adwords, How do we go about preventing this from happening?

1 Expert replyverified_user

How can we prevent multiple clicks from the same device but different IP on our Adwords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Edmund,

The only solutions offered by Google are blocking IP addresses, and their own anti-fraud systems which are secret.

If the clicks are coming from a certain geo-location, or at a certain time, you can change your settings so that they won't see your ad.

If it is just one keyword, trying pausing it for a week or two - they might think they have won and give up.

Or you could switch off whichever of desktop/tablet/mobile they are using.

Or try ads with a different URL - they might only be targeting ads that have your display URL in them.

I accept that these aren't perfect solutions.