AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How can i look at "other search terms"?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to look at the list of words in "other search terms" to have a full understanding of the way people is finding my add and i can't find a way!!! Please help!!

is there actually any way to find that complete list??

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sofia,

No, there is not. Yes, it is frustrating. Presumably it is Google balancing out the needs of the user with data storage.

Google says:

Keep in mind that you’ll only see search terms that were used by people at least 8 hours ago and have either received clicks in the past 30 days or were searched for by a significant number of people. Any search terms that did not meet this criteria will be summed up in the 'Other search terms' row.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708

15% of Google searches are never repeated, not ever. And most of those would not result in an ad click. So there is little use proving this info in the search terms - it would only lead to people adding keywords or negative keywords unnecessarily and adding to data overheads for Google. 

The negative for us is that when your keyword is showing for irrelevant terms, so irrelevant that nobody clicks on your ad, we suffer lower CTR and can't fix it.

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

The only way to "restrict the list" is to have your structure and targeting so restricted that you don't accrue any impressions outside of your targeted terms. With the addition of close variants for exact terms, the only way to do that is to have multiple campaigns. You will still get some unknown impressions for your less restrictive campaigns - But, those campaigns are not optimized to the same degree, so the QS factors of a particular broader match term are not the focus there. 

At the account level, no. Within a highly optimized campaign... Maybe. Smiley Happy

Tom

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This has been a request by many advertisers for many years.  Google's position is that "other search  terms" might reveal personal sensitive information (PII). Hence, these search terms are not shown.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’