AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How can i get my add to be on the first page and higher up? Do i need to pay more?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can i get my add to be on the first page and higher up? Do i need to pay more? I have great keywords for our roofing business that targets the newcastle area, but when i type in Roof Painting, Newcastle into google search engine we are only on the second page and on the right hand side.

Elise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How can i get my add to be on the first page and higher up? Do i need to pay more?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Roof,

There are a couple of thngs that may be holding you back from the first page.

Bids: If you're bids are too low Google will only show your ad occasionally so it doesn't go over your set daily budget. Your ad might not appear on the first page all the time but google does show ads with an average position of 4 on the 2nd page due to the ad rotation.

What does AdWords say your average position is?

The other one would be the daily budget. When looking at your campaign customise your columns and add the lost IS budget column. This will let you know what impressions you are missing due to your current budget. Once you look at this you'll know if it's budget.

I hope this helps you.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How can i get my add to be on the first page and higher up? Do i need to pay more?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Roof,

There are a couple of thngs that may be holding you back from the first page.

Bids: If you're bids are too low Google will only show your ad occasionally so it doesn't go over your set daily budget. Your ad might not appear on the first page all the time but google does show ads with an average position of 4 on the 2nd page due to the ad rotation.

What does AdWords say your average position is?

The other one would be the daily budget. When looking at your campaign customise your columns and add the lost IS budget column. This will let you know what impressions you are missing due to your current budget. Once you look at this you'll know if it's budget.

I hope this helps you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Yes, you have to pay high. Set your bid according to google. What adwords suggest you.

Click on Columns --> Attributes --> Add these two Est. first page bid & Est. top page bid.

Once you have done this, you can see the top position bid and according to that, you can set your bid.

Thanks