AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How can i find Search Terms and User Locations at the same time?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I want to see search terms against user locations to analyze the search queries. Like if somone from Australia visited my website clcking on ad and what was query he/she typed? Adwords also shows you impressions when you analyze data selecting user locations from Dimentions tab. Basically i want to see the impressions and clicks against User locations so is there any filter or way i can find this data.

Same is the scenario for Georaphic View in Dimentions Tab.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author zaheer
September 2015

Re: How can i find Search Terms and User Locations at the same time?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Zaheer M,

If I understood you correctly , in your second message you are asking if you can see search terms for which your ads had only impressions , without clicks. This is currently not a feature in the AdWords system and as a personal opinion, It would be great to have such a report to build better long tail keywords.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

The search terms can be found using this info : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708

However the Segment button has no option for geographic segmenting.

From Google analytics can be done , after accessing the report "Matched Search Queries" , from the "Secondary dimension" choose Visitor and "City".

search-terms-by-city.png

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks @Andrian B for Answering.
I know how it can be done in Analytics but What if i have to see the impressions of search terms that users are using?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Use the search terms report;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

In keywords tab( at campaign level or Adgroup level) just below of graph you will get "details" tab.

Just click all, you will get all serach query searched by user. You can also directly Ad or Remove( put in to negative list) keywords from here.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author zaheer
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Zaheer M,

If I understood you correctly , in your second message you are asking if you can see search terms for which your ads had only impressions , without clicks. This is currently not a feature in the AdWords system and as a personal opinion, It would be great to have such a report to build better long tail keywords.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Adrian is correct. no clicks, no data.
indeed the option has been requested by many advertisers.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’