Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How can I see "other" search terms in search teerms report? Driving me nuts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please click to watch full size.. (why can't I insert a pic?)Cat Mad

It says if keywords are in other section, as hundreds are in this pic that I will be able to review these in 24 hrs. These are NOT showing up after 24 hours and the number of  "other" keywords that I can not see keeps increasing.

Why am I unable to see this data?

I turned off broad match since most of these terms are coming from those KW's, but would rather keep those getting clicks.

Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I see "other" search terms in search teerms report? Driving me nuts

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Welcome To Our Growing Community,

Here is the link on the step by step guide in viewing your Search Term Report .

Is this what you are looking for?

More Power,
Loraine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Loraine,

I know HOW to view the report, the issue is that when I view it not ALL of the search terms are in the report.

Right now there are over 600 impressions in the report that I can not see the keywords for.

This is why they are not showing according to the help bubble.

• You didn’t receive any clicks on this search term within the last 30 days (from someone who wasn’t blocking their referrer URL).
  • The search term wasn’t entered by a significant number of people.

This seems to me to be a large number of impressions I can not see the keywords for.

Thanks for the reply.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Let me quote what our Top Contributor Theresa Zook mentioned on the thread below.

"Search Terms report generally does not show you ad impressions that received no clicks."

Anyways, What is the period covered of that report? Because if you are trying to view the data recorded few hours ago, then this may not be updated yet.

You may read this thread for suggested solution about your issue.

More Power,
Loraine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's for last 7 days.

Right now I have 768 impressions and 56 clicks I can not see the keywords for,

"Search Terms report generally does not show you ad impressions that received no clicks."

Really? That seems crazy, if I have keywords dragging down my CTR, how could I ever be expected to find and remove them

from my campaign if they are not shown on the search report?

I'll check that thread thanks.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Actually if you go on the Campaigns Tab, then Keywords Tab, You will see there the number of clicks & impressions as well as CTR generated by each keyword. You can sort by CTR to check what keywords are performing and the other way around.

More Power,
Loraine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Loraine!

I have the same problem. There's ten times more impressions, than visible in statistics. How can I block the unwanted keywords, if I dont see, what phrases generating this high amount of "unvisible" impressions?

The amount of "Other search terms" row in the keyword statistics is added to impressions count in the "keywords" tab, decreasing the keywords CTR, without any usable information.

Thanks!

Tamás

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry Loraine.  I believe this is not true.  Campaigns to Keywords brings up a list of active and paused campaigns.  If you go to AdGroups you can see only what Bigmark stated at the start of this thread.  You see a few openly described search terms, but MOST OF THE ACTUAL CLICKS ARE IN "OTHER SEARCH TERMS"  hidden from the user. 

This is where the bulk of my money goes!  And Google is going out of their way to make it difficult to properly tailor my campaign.

How can we view the "other search terms" and decide if we want keep them, or remove wasteful negative words?

Respectfully.

Gary

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
The reason Google does not show you every single search query performed is that there would be too much information. You'd get hundreds of one or two impression keywords with no clicks. Google only shows you those searches for which there were enough impressions. Being a database guy, I understand their reasoning. I also understand and get frustrated too with the high number of impressions of the "other" search terms (as well as another quirk of the search query report) but that's the nature of the beast. There is no way as of yet to get more information on them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see.  I spend $4 on an "other Search term", and 60% of my budges on them, and they can't spend the bandwidth to persent the term.  I feel for them, knowing how expensive data storage is these days (0.0000000000 cents per listing). 

No disrespect intended, but they sould be able to show me daily the one or two $4 clicks, even if they are what their algorythm deems "other".