AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How can I run a chart of Auction Insights over-time?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hi,

In auction insights, I have started seeing a new competitor with a fair percentage. I want to know two things, because I'm hyphothesizing that this competitor is slowly been creeping up taking more impression share as each day passes. I also want to know when his ads show more than mine or show as #1 than mine.

If someone can help me with the first part of it on how to run a pivot for it (I'm having trouble showing the impression share percentage as-is in the "Values" field of the pivot) and the remainder, I would be grateful.

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I run a chart of Auction Insights over-time?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Mark;

As for the time frame to for which the data are shown, you could change it in the top corner of the page

The only method I can think of to create a pivot table is by exporting the data to Excel. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Hi Moshe,

Thanks for the reply.
Sorry, I should have been more clear - I'm looking to do this in Excel.

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Mark,

Just a quick thought I had when reading your post. I would be careful with how much weight you give to such a report - it's generally based on a percentage of impressions and is only a guideline metric to use.

When you change ad groups or campaigns, these reports can change dramatically. Depending on the size of your account, you could be dealing with MANY reports.

Also, playing devils advocate here...

Let's say you spend all kinds of time figuring out how often this new advertiser outranked you for a percentage of impressions etc...meanwhile, they're likely still continuing to work on improving their own accounts and may be further ahead of you once you're finished with your reports. Ask yourself, what do you expect to find and what actionable items can you extract from such a report?

Don't get me wrong - competition is a big deal, but only so much of that is within your control, be careful not to get too focused on what others are doing as that is time lost that you could be spending on your own initiatives.

Wish I had an easy way to help you here but I don't.

Good Luck!

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Thanks for that Tommy, definitely helps re-align the goals. Appreciate all the help guys.
This is more of an excel question than anything else actually.