AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How can I optimize AdWords search campaigns on daily basis?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everybody,

I've been wondering about the best steps that I should take to optimize my search campaigns on daily basis, so I concluded some steps I would like to share with you guys. But still I'm curious to find out more from you.

I will write my steps and please add your steps to it or correct it, since this topic is public so everybody can benefit from it.

My steps are:

1- Check the search terms report and choose negative keywords

2- Run Google Analytics report about the keywords' Bounce Rate and Avg Session Duration, and exclude the ones with high bounce rate and little avg session duration

3- Check the ads on each adgroup and find out which is the best ad to run and pause the ones without clicks

4- Check the dimensions tab for more accurate data

Do you think there are extra steps we may use to optimize our campaigns on daily basis? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi @Mohamad A

I normally check the CTR for each keyword and ad comparing them with the previous day to see what can be done to improve them

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

You can also tweak the keywords bidding and perform ad copy analysis on regular basis. The idea is to ensure that the ad copies that are well performing are the ones that users see more often. Similarly, by tweaking the keywords bid, you might ensure that your ad is showing at the best possible converting position.

Regarding the high bounce rate point, if you have a standalone landing page, you are bound to see high bounces out of that irrespective of the fact if user consumes information and fills up the form.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Zaby

So what would you do if your CTR is decreasing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @pankaj1782,

Thanks for your details, but still for the keywords optimization how do you suggest I tweak them? I use manual enhanced CPC. 

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi @Mohamad A,

The foremost thing is checking if the budget is not exhausted, bid are not getting down below the 1st page bid.

The avg. positions of ads is optimal(where you have got most of the conversions).

Auction insight report.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Using enhanced CPC would typically mean that you are allowing the AdWords system to increase (30%) or decrease the bids (100%) during the ad auction. So make sure you have enough budget. You will have to look at the average ad position which is most converting and whether the bid changes actually influences your conversions or not.

Pankaj