AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How can I increase the possibilities that people can click my ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am currently running an display ad for brand awereness in addition to direct the viewers to an application to participate in a competition. 

When I assign display keywords, topics and interestes the ads was not giving me any good impressions on the placements I've selected (only 22 imp/day) However, all what mater on our campaign was the gender, so I remove all the display keywords, topics and interested, and the ad just work fine. I know it is not the right practice, but I wanted to give it a try. 

However, the ad clicks is so few. almost none. how can I increase the clicks? 

In addition, some of the placement are showing me this message "You don't have enough Google AdSense pageviews yet to diagnose the combination of your current campaign settings and targeting criteria." 

I know it might be related to the display keywords, but removing or add them had giving me the same results. 

Thank you for your help in advance Smiley Happy 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How can I increase the possibilities that people can click my ad?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

First of all would like to ask you since how long this campaign is running? confirm that you are usning GDN only.

Now come to the point. As you said after removing all targeting methods your campaign started working fine, means now you started getting impresssions but not significant clicks, OK. What I would suggest you to check whether you are targeting "Target and Bid" option or "Bid Only" option in placement settings.
 If you're targeting "Target and Bid" only then I would suggest you to change it to "Bid Only".

Make your ad-copies more appealing with Click-to-Call Actions words like "Buy here", "Click here" etc.

If your campaign is new, then give it some time as system takes few days to show enough data for your campaign performances.

Add more relevant keywords in your adgroups.

I hope it would help.

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply.

The campaign started 3 days ago. 

yes I was selecting the option of Bid Only for more broad reach. 

The banner contains a call to action button. 

I will try another round with keywords and test one by one and it effects on the overall performance. 

I have another question, what is the different between the cost on the home page and the current balance within the billing tab? Which one of them to track as the actual payment? 

Thank you for your support 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You are most welcome!

As you said that its just 3 days old campaign, then I would suggest you to analyse it for few more days.

The cost at the home page is the amount you've spent on your campaigns to run ads, while the current balance within the billing tab suggests remaining amount.

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma